Vote for it!This piece is participating in our music competition and has already earned 30 points!
Add your vote for this piece!
Voting for this year's contest has ended for the year, however, you can still leave a review for the song by using the form below (for instance, to leave feeedback on the piece), the star rating just won't affect the winners.
More about Ralph S. Gardner II:
See my website home page for info.
----------------------------Part 2: The Title of Liberty----------------------------
6. Recitative "When Moroni heard these things, he rent his coat; and he took a piece thereof, and wrote upon it -- In mem'ry of our God, our religion, and freedom, and our peace, our wives, and our children. He called it the title of liberty; and he bowed to the earth, and prayed mightily to his God for the blessings of liberty to rest upon his brethren. When he had poured out his soul to God, he named all the land -- A chosen land, and the land of liberty." -- Alma 46:11-13, 17.
7. Aria "Surely God shall not suffer that we, who are despised because we take upon us the name of Christ, shall be trodden down and destroyed, until we bring it upon us by our own transgressions." -- Alma 46:18
8. Recitative "Moroni went forth among the people, waving the title of liberty, and crying with a loud voice." -- Alma 46:19
9. Clarion "Behold, whosoever will maintain this title on the land, let them come forth in the strength of the Lord, and enter into a covenant that they will maintain their rights, and their religion, that the Lord God may bless them." -- Alma 46:20
10. Recitative "The people came running together, with their armor on." -- Alma 46:21
11. Chorus "For our wives/husbands, and for our children, and for our religion and our God; and for our country, and our freedom, and our peace." [Text added]
12. Recitative "They rent their garments as a covenant." -- Alma 46:21
13. Chorus "We will not forsake the Lord our God." -- Alma 46:21
14. Recitative "They cast their garments at the feet of Moroni, saying:" -- Alma 46:22
15. Chorus "We covenant with our God, that we shall be destroyed if we shall fall into transgression; yea, he may cast us at the feet of our enemies, if we fall into transgression." -- Alma 46:22
16. Aria "Behold, we are a remnant of the seed of Joseph; let us remember to keep the commandments of God, or our garments shall be rent by our brethren, and we be cast into prison, or be sold, or be slain. Yea, let us preserve our liberty as a remnant of Joseph." -- Alma 46:23-24
17. Chorus "For we shall perish if we do not stand fast in the faith of Christ." -- Alma 46:27
18. Recitative "Moroni sent forth and gathered together all the people who desired to maintain their liberty, to stand against Amalickiah and those who had dissented." -- Alma 46:28
19. Recitative and March "And the people marched." [Text added]
20. Chorus "Thus Moroni planted the standard of liberty among the Nephites." -- Alma 46:36